Meeting of the HELMEPA Training Committee
On September 26th, the HELMEPA Training Committee met under its Chairman Capt. John Drakogiannopoulos, Costamare Shipping, and with the following members:
- G. Barkas and E. Souroulias, Springfield Shipping Co of Panama S.A.
- M. Gavriil, Minoa Marine Limited
- Ch. Kanellopoulos and M. Fragkias, S. Livanos Hellas S.A.
- L. Masonou, Neda Maritime Agency Co. Ltd.
- V. Pantelelis, Chandris (Hellas) Inc.
- S. Petronios and N. Polimeris, Danaos Shipping Co. Ltd.
- A. Skebes, Arcadia Shipmanagement Co. Ltd
- G. Tsoukatos and A. Minaides, Diana Shipping Services S.A.
The Committee discussed the following issues:
- Voluntary Incident Reporting Platform (VIRP), concerning HELMEPA’s new project titled “Enhancing the Understanding of New and Enduring Challenges in Maritime Safety Culture in the Eastern Mediterranean”, which is being implemented until 2022 with the support of the Lloyd’s Register Foundation.
- The compilation of the new Voluntary Refresher Training Program and Simulator Courses for 2020.
- The agenda of the annual meeting between HELMEPA Members’ delegation and the US Coast Guard at the HQs of the latter in Washington DC, on 15 October.