HELMEPA’s Scholarships for 2019-2020
For yet another year, HELMEPA supports young people who want to continue their academic career, awarding scholarships for postgraduate studies in the fields of shipping, environmental science and marine engineering/technology. The 7 new scholars for the 2019-2020 academic year will join the group of another 37 young people, who since 1998 have received ΗΕLMEPA scholarships for shipping and environmental studies at well-known universities of Canada, Cyprus, France, Greece, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
Honoring the memories of the late George P. Livanos, Founder of HELMEPA, Captain Vassilis C. Constantakopoulos, Honorary Chairman, and Stavros Daifas, Founding Member of the Association, the Board of Directors, having examined the 42 high-quality submitted entries, decided to award the scholarships, reaching a total sum of €45,000, for postgraduate studies, as follows:
The “George P. Livanos” scholarship to the following:
- Mr Filippos Alexandrakis, graduate of the Law School of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, for the acquisition of an LLM International, Commercial and Maritime Law at Swansea University, UK, and
- Ms Georgia Tziampazi, graduate of the Law School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, for the acquisition of an LLM Maritime Law and Shipping Business at Frederick University, Cyprus.
The “Captain Vassilis C. Constantakopoulos” scholarship to the following:
- Ms Styliani Andreopoulou, graduate of the Department of Agriculture, Ichthyology and Aquatic Environment of the University of Thessaly, for postgraduate studies on Sustainable Management of Aquatic Environment at the University of Thessaly;
- Mr Alexandros-Sotirios Dovas, graduate of the Law School of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, for postgraduate studies on Public Law and Public Policies specializing on Environmental Law at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens; and
- Ms Nikoleta Papaioannou, graduate of the Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology of the University of Thessaly, for MSc Industrial and Environmental Biotechnology at the KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm.
The “Stavros Daifas” scholarship, kind donation of Ms Irene St. Daifas, General Secretary of the Board of Directors of HELMEPA, to the following:
- Ms Chrysi Giannikaki, graduate of the School of Architecture of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki for MSc Superyacht Design at Solent University, UK,
- Ms Olympia-Maria Skourti, graduate of the School of Civil Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens for the Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Program Naval and Marine Technology, specializing on Marine Constructions and Hydrocarbon Exploitation at the National Technical University of Athens.
HELMEPA thanks all 42 candidates for their interest and wholeheartedly congratulates the new scholars, whishing them all every success in their studies!