HELMEPA’s 2019 Voluntary Refresher Training Program
With a considerably updated content and the richest variety of topics of recent years, HELMEPA’s new Annual Voluntary Refresher Training Program has started. It is the 37th annual Program offered to Greek merchant marine officers and office staff of Member Companies.
The following three two-day Seminars will cover topics related to pollution prevention from ships, preparing for Port State Control inspections and safety on board, focusing on the human element:
- Reducing Shipping’s Environmental Footprint: Today’s and Tomorrow’s Hot Issues
- Learning from PSC Inspections: Common Deficiencies and their Prevention
- Enhancing Safety through Effective Management of Operational Risks and People On Board
Also, the two-day Marine Environmental Awareness course based on ΙΜΟ Model Course 1.38 and certified by the Maritime Administration of Cyprus continues, while the Program is complemented by two new one-day specialized Seminars on:
- Encountering Heavy Seas – Parametric Rolling and Emergency Preparedness – Incident Case Studies (with practice demonstration on Bridge Simulator)
- Vetting Inspections and TMSA
Specialized staff of 16 Member Companies and Organizations, officers of the Hellenic Coast Guard and HELMEPA’s staff are contributing to the implementation of the 35 in total Seminars scheduled during 2019.
To find out seminar dates and further details on the topics and their content please visit HELMEPA’s website (www.helmepa.gr) or download the relevant e-booklet (http://helmepa.gr/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/HELMEPA_training_2019_web_en-2.pdf).