Activities of “HELMEPA Junior” Program Members
We continue to support the work of Volunteer Teachers of the “HELMEPA Junior” Program during this difficult period by sending them ideas for activities (experiments, painting, etc.) that can be suggested to parents and children through distance learning. Most have formed online groups with students and their parents and continue the educational process despite any adversity.
Indicative activities and encouraging comments we have received from teachers of the program include:
- Children-members of the 10th Elementary School of Giannitsa and the 2nd Elementary School of the City of Kalymnos, despite the fact that they are at home, celebrated World Water Day and sent us messages and paintings through their teacher.
- Inspired by the words of Odysseas Elytis: “If you take Greece apart, in the end you will be left with an olive tree, a vineyard and a boat. Which means that with these items you can rebuild Greece.”, children-members of the 2nd Elementary School of Nea Smyrni celebrated Greece’s National Day on March 25th! From their homes, they contacted their teacher, painted, wrote, sang, recited and the result was sent to us in a video:
- Students of the 2nd Grade of the 2nd Elementary School of Chios, created comics starring HELMEPA’s Seagull and ‘Koronios’ and shared them with us!
– “Thank you very much for the Sea Streams Experiment, it has already been uploaded to our blog and our Facebook Group. We look forward to more online activities.”
Kindergarten of Mavromatio, Viotia
– “Dear HELMEPA Junior colleagues and friends, thank you for being on our side and for supporting us. I wish good health to all of you and soon to return to our normal lives.”
Elementary School of Armenochori, Florina
– “The posters are very nice, thank you!”
2nd Special Kindergarten of Heraklion, Crete
– “The students of the Elementary School of Kalandra and their teacher thank you for the very interesting activities you share with us. They are posted on our e-class and are available to all school students. You inspire us. Keep going. Thank you!”
Elementary School of Kalandra, Chalkidiki