New issue of “The HELMEPA Monitor” (No. 20)
The new, 20th issue of our electronic publication “The HELMEPA Monitor” has been released. This initiative was undertaken as a result of the close collaboration between the US Coast Guard and HELMEPA and we believe that it is a useful tool for the companies and crews of the ships trading in US waters.
The current issue includes the following articles:
- Vessel Incidental Discharge Act (VIDA)
- New procedure for notification of non-availability of compliant fuel oil
- New USCG advice on improving cybersecurity on board commercial vessels
- Bilge Alarm System malfunction leading to MARPOL deficiencies
- Update on approved BWMS and status of applications