What are the benefits of HELMEPA Member Managing Companies?
- Distance themselves from operational risks and perform a social work.
- Affiliate themselves with the international recognition HELMEPA enjoys by the International Maritime Organization (IMO), Port State Control Authorities (PSC) and others.
- Join a total of ships and companies with an unwaveringly low deficiency/detention rate.
- Provide their Officers and shore-based staff with the opportunity of Refresher Training HELMEPA compiles in cooperation with a special Training Committee.
- Have access to online independent learning for their officers, in English.
- Are provided with audio-visual and printed information material and placards with guidelines as legislation requires.
- Their officers can attend HELMEPA’s “Marine Environmental Awareness” seminar, certified by Germanischer Lloyd and recognized by the Administration of Cyprus.
- Provide their deck officers with HELMEPA Full Mission Bridge Simulator courses, a valuable training & competence assessment tool.
- Have confidential access to IHS-Fairplay maritime incident data to correct erroneous reports made at the expense of their member-vessel.
- Enlist their officers as HELMEPA members, supplied with individual identity card, useful when engaged in an incident.
- Their officers and staff have direct electronic access to HELMEPA publications.
- Receive timely updates on IMO regulations and other national legislation amendments, such as of the US, Australia, Canada and others.
- Become informed on maritime issues through regular monthly, bi-monthly and quarterly electronic bulletins.
- Enjoy additional recognition on RightShip’s Environmental Rating.
- Affirm their voluntary commitment by flying HELMEPA’s flag on the masts of their member-vessels and displaying the Certificate of Membership on the bridge or in the Master’s office.
- Establish direct contact with USCG/Washington DC on PSC, Pollution Prevention, Safety and Security issues.
- Contribute to the bolstering of Greek shipping’s positions, through the longstanding relationships of HELMEPA with international organizations.
- Demonstrate their high level of Corporate Social Responsibility through their support of:
– The “HELMEPA Junior” and “HELMEPA Cadets” Programs for the environmental awareness of students and the youth in Greece.
– HELMEPA postgraduate scholarships to Greek scientists in environmental, maritime and engineering disciplines.
– The environmental motivation of the wider community through the social media.
– Activities, such as voluntary beach clean-ups with the appropriate publicity.